Proposed Bridge Superstructure Replacement Project
The town of Heath is receiving sealed bids for the Proposed Bridge Superstructure Replacement Project at Route 8A (Jacksonville Stage Rd over Burrington Brook.)
The town of Heath is receiving sealed bids for the Proposed Bridge Superstructure Replacement Project at Bridge No. H-14-003 (5FE), Route 8A (Jacksonville Stage Rd) over Burrington Brook. Bids will be publicly opened and read aloud by the Town of Heath, 1 East Main St. Heath, Massachusetts on Wednesday, December 7, 2022 at 2:00 PM. The bids shall be addressed to the Town Administrator, Hilma Sumner, and shall be prepared in accordance with the bid documents.
The work under this Contract shall consist of the following:
- Demolishing the existing superstructure consisting of, but not limited to, steel beams, steel diaphragms, bridge bearings, backwall, concrete deck, pavement, bridge railing, concrete safety curb, and fill
- Installing a proposed superstructure consisting of steel beams, steel diaphragms, bridge bearings, concrete deck, membrane waterproofing, and concrete backwall/end diaphragm concrete encasement
- Installing the steel thrie beam bridge railing and approach guardrail and paving the bridge and approaches for bridge H-14-003
- Installing pavement on the bridge and approaches
- Performing concrete repairs to the existing bridge substructure
Electronic copies of the contract documents are available upon request. Please contact Carl Ayers of VHB, Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org for download instructions.
Posted: to Town Offices on Wed, Nov 9, 2022
Updated: Wed, Nov 9, 2022